Error deploying Rails 7 app to fly.io with Tailwind and Flowbite
This error had me stumped for a few hours the other night. I'm using fly.io to host a project that I'm working on to help manage in-home child care providers run their business.
If this was my first deploy I'd think that something was going on with fly but this had been working perfectly. Then I realized it happened once I added Flowbite / tailwindcss to the mix. There are some workarounds to get Flowbite working with Turbo but that involved mixing importmap and node_modules a bit.
So the fix was to delete my DockerFile, but not the fly.toml and regenerate the DockerFile with fly deploy. The let the fly console appropriately add the node build steps and allowed my deployments to work as intended.